3rd World Congress of Scottish Literatures and COVID-19

In light of the current outbreak of novel coronavirus COVID-19, many delegates will be concerned about travel. Although it’s difficult to predict what the situation will be in late June, the Congress organisers are monitoring the situation closely and currently plan to make a decision about the Congress towards the end of April when the steering committee is going to meet online, reflecting the actual spread of coronavirus at that time. Early bird registration will be extended to the end of April for this purpose.

Of course this situation may change at short notice, and we will keep you posted about any developments likely to impact upon the Congress.

Should the congress be cancelled in the end, Charles University is going to return the fees. If you have booked a hotel room through the Prague organisers, it can be cancelled (without cancellation fee) one month before the event.

In the meantime, we would direct all delegates to the advice given out by their own health services, home institutions and the WHO.

If you are booking flights, then you should insure yourself against the possibility of cancellation.

If you have any questions, then please direct them to Petra Johana Poncarová, congress secretary, at PetraJohana.Poncarova (at) ff.cuni.cz.